This is a guest blog from Tom Kelly, CFO of HealthCare IP Partners. Tom is a strong advocate of cloud adoption. His publications and background (written by Zach Nelson, CEO NetSuite) can be found here.
Healthcare IP Partners was looking for a travel and expense management tool that was cost effective, but still offered the employees and the back office options that would improve overall efficiency, reduce cost and ensure a positive user experience. We looked at several offerings including Concur Breeze, Concur Expense, Certify, and ExpenseBay.
What we found was interesting:
- Several employees had used Concur Expense in the past, so this was known entity. In addition, Concur is now offering a product for companies with 50 or less employees called Concur Breeze .
- ExpenseBay and Concur Breeze had lowest cost of any of the offerings we reviewed – with ExpenseBay being the least expensive.
- In reviewing Breeze we noted it had the same clunky UI as Concur Expense and getting Breeze to work seamlessly with our back office systems (NetSuite) was very difficult. In our field tests we have several problems with the mobile capabilities of Concur Expense, Concur Breeze and Certify.
- ExpenseBay offered to most mobile options and worked very well with our mobile device options: iPhone, Blackberry, Android.
- ExpenseBay had the lowest implementation cost and worked flawlessly with our back office systems (NetSuite).
Overall our pilot users scored ExpenseBay the highest in evaluating the 4 offerings noted.
Since the implementation we have been extremely pleased with the reliability and support that we have received, be it an individual user requesting help or an enhancement request. I would liken ExpenseBay’s customer support function to that of Apple, Inc. – Excellent!